Monday, July 14, 2008

The Life Of An Olympian


Well it winding down a couple more days until the big show start(Beijing 2008 Games) that is.While the Month falls and days count down we were in NYC on business, we were on the today show,went to talk to some kids at the YMCA they were awesome "Got to love the kids" and were introduced at the Mets baseball game and also we sign a lot of poster at this famous sport museum the people were so excite to see us.but now where back in Colorado spring back to training hard as ever "GOLD MEDAL BABY GOLD MEDAL" I would like to tell every one that read this to keep us in your prayers God Bless and thanks!p.s. Here are some pic of our trip to NYC.



This Shawn Estrada our 165 pounds sign posters for the fans.



Shawn sign posters!


Who is this guy?



Ali the world greatest!




Deontay Wilder the next world greatest!


If it's in god's well it's already been done!

3 comments:

Workinprogress said...

Amen and God Bless you! Good luck in the Olympics and I'll be cheering for you and all the other Olympians.
Deontay Wilder=OLYMPIC GOLD!!!!

Laurie2.0 said...

You already have a heart of gold, Deontay, now bring home the matching medal!!!!!

Hope you received the pix at training camp before you left. Wanted you to have a bit of inspiration before you left for Beijing.

All the best to you and the rest of the team!!!!

~~~Laurie in NYC

Anonymous said...

Wow, Deontay it's 8-8-08!!! I will be here on the other side of the earth cheering you on in Tuscaloosa. I got to know you as you embarked on what you probably thought was going to be the hardest fight of your life. It was at RISE, I worked at Naieya's school as a nurse and simply fell in love with her! Everyday during naptime (or should I say when the other babies slept) she would reach out for me and cry crocodile tears if anyone else got too close. She knew we were going to have our "Girlfriend Hour." I couldn't dare put her down and make that little lip turn upside down. Sitting in my lap (while she shared whatever I brought for my lunch) I would often look into those big chocolate drop eyes and wonder what her future would hold. Like you, and all of her family and friends, I could never have imagined she would come so far in such a short time. Hmm, maybe a trait she inherited from daddy? Now you can see that you never really had a battle to fight when it came to her at all, loving her is just too easy to be considered anything resembling a struggle. I have a picture on my refrigerator of her in my backyard with my family with her two tiny purple casts that went from her ten piggies all the way to her hips as a result of one of her surgeries. My husband and sons couldn't help falling in love with her too. They certainly didn't mind me "bringing my work home" if it was in such an adorable little bundle of giggles. That picture is a gentle reminder to us, that if you put your mind to something, no matter what the odds are against you, you can achieve great things. So, Deontay, she has succeeded in so many ways due to her determination, now it's time for Lil' Naieya to pass her torch on to you...bring that baby home a gold! As I said, we are all cheering for you and your team ~ the father-daughter team that is unbeatable!! Your Friend in Patriotism, Sandi O'Bryant Tuscaloosa, Alabama